Saturday, March 30, 2013

New City, New Inspirations

Hey Guys,

So here's the new format of my blogs.  Hope you like it.  I've been doing a lot of new works on paper this past year. and I will start posting new stuff for you guys.  Since moving from Milwaukee to San Diego and living in a one bedroom studio, I've started to go back doing ink drawing and utilizing design markers in my work.  I find that the immediacy of drawing to be refreshing since I can translate and visualize an idea right away into reality.  I also started to do some more cut paper pieces again.  I find that the meticulous aspect of paper cutting forces me to think more about the pieces that I'm making.  Furthermore it teaches me about patience and it's kinda fun to see the pieces being 'set free' from the paper and become something.  So without further ado, I give you some recent pieces I've created.


The Bride 2013


Broken Angel 2013


Persephone 2013

 
Wanderer 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment